Currently KCKHA is not accepting applications for the HCV/Section 8 Program. When the wait list opens, announcements will appear on our website.
To check your status on the Section 8 Wait List click and register SECTION 8 WAIT LIST ONLINE
Kansas City, Kansas Housing Authority is responsible for ensuring that every individual and family admitted to the HCV program meets all program eligibility requirements. To be eligible for the HCV program the applicant family must:
- Qualify as a family as defined by HUD and the Housing Authority
- Have income at or below HUD-specified income limits
- Qualify on the basis of citizenship or the eligible immigrant status of family embers
- Provide social security number information for household members as required
- Consent to the Housing Authority’s collection and use of family information as provided for the Housing Authority-provided consent forms
KCKHA will determine that the current or past behavior of household members does not include activities that are prohibited by HUD or the KCKHA.
If the family is eligible for assistance, KCKHA will notify the family in writing and schedule a tenant briefing. If KCKHA determines that a family is not eligible for the program for any reason, the family will be notified of the decision in writing within 10 business days of the determination. An applicant will have the opportunity for an informal review of a decision denying assistance. A request for an informal review must be made in writing and delivered to KCKHA.
If you need to change your address on the Section 8 Wait List
You must provide in writing any change in your address. To submit a change of address please complete the following, or you may do so in person by completing a change of address form located in our lobby area at our Section 8 Office, by the big blue flower pots.
Kansas City, Kansas Housing Authority
1124 North 9th Street
Kansas City, KS 66101